Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

I am learning to identify homographs
I am learning to use homographs in a sentence to show the different meanings


Back
I turned back and walked back where I came from.
Back
My back is under my neck and above my legs.
Change
After swimming I had to change out of my wet togs.
Change
The shopkeeper gave me my change which was $2.
Light
The light that we used to guide us.For example we use the light to see in the night.
Light
The rock was heavy but the wind was lighter than the rock.
Wind
It was so hot that I wind down the window in my car.
Wind
The wind was so rough that it damaged the town.
Sink
I cleaned the dishes in the sink.
Sink
The boat started to sink.
Sign
My mum had to sign the permission slip so I can go to the Zoo.
Sign
We use sign so that we know where we are going and also we use signs for those people who can’t hear.
Bass
The bass in the drum
Bass
We caught fish that was called Bass
Down
I ran down the hill
Down
I was down
Rock
My nana rocks me to sleep.
Rock
There was an avalanche and huge rocks came down and blocked the road.
Lead
I had to lead the parade.
Lead
A metal is made out of lead.
Bat  We use a bat to swing the ball.
Bat A bat is nocturnal.
Can I drank a coke cola can.
Can “ I can do this”.
Row There was 6 rows of chairs in the movie theater.
Row
Row,row,row your boat ...
Bank
Where you get your money.
Bank
I climbed up the bank to get to the top of the hill.
Fine
I had to pay my fine because I got a ticket.
Fine
I was not fine.


My own homograph:

Back: I came back from work.
Back: My back hurts
Tag:”Tag your in”.
Tag: This price  tag says it just $50 for for ten t-Shirts.
Bow: I show respect to the queen by bowing down.
Bow:I got my bow and my arrows so I can practice for the finals at the archer.
Cricket: I like to play cricket.
Cricket: I’m scared of crickets.
Minute: “ You only have 5 minutes left to do your test”.
Minute:This toy is minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment