Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

P.E Reflection







Here is a photo of home group 2 tennis lesson.








Here is another photo doing our warm ups .  It was really complicated.







Today this morning the kia manawanui had P.E/kiwisport.  It was really surprising because we never had kiwisport  in the first block.  I was really excited to hear that we have kiwisport.  First of all we got split into our home groups.  Home group 1 went to kiwisport and the home group 2 went with Mrs Komor practising our batting and throwing for softball.

The home group that I was in was home group 2.  We started of with some warm up before we played a game.  It was really difficult to do the warm ups because they were really challenging.  Even though it was really diffucult at sometimes I tried my best.  I actually learn some new moves which was really felt so good.  After we did our warm ups we practiced how to swing.  Most of the times we just stood there and hit but it won't give power for arm to hit the ball.  So Mrs Komor taught us how to do it.  We had to twist and use the ball of our feet when we are hitting.  We all took turns at hitting and pitching.  We finally finished and had a little game of softball. 


When the other group is finish with there lesson then we switch over and have our turn.  Mrs Komor instructed us to line up and walk quietly to the court.  Then we walk past Miss Aireen and her group to the top court. We made to the court and sat down.  " Hello everyone my name is Peter, today you will be learning one of the hand grips for tennis.  First we played a game called " BALL".  We got in pairs and got ready for the next instruction.  Peter explain what we are going to do next.  " Okay guys we are going to play a game.  " This game is called  BALL! I will call out  HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES,  BALL! When I say ball you and your partner must try get the ball before your buddy gets it".  It was really hurtful kneeling down because my knees was hurting after doing some squats.  Most of the times I didn't got the ball but the last one I finally got the ball YES!!


We finished our last round of the game and started to do some real lesson .  We learn how to do a 4 hand  grip.  This will help you swing the ball to the other side.  Also when you swing don't put to much power in it or else it goes flying high.  We first started 3 hits with our buddies. When  you have hitted 3 balls then you can  hit more than 3.  After we finish that lesson we played another game.  The game is that he has a deck of cards.  He chooses anyone to pick a card.  The number that is on the card is how much hit's that you and your buddy must hit. 


It was really fun  because it helps me get fit and helps me with  my Te Whare Tapa Wha which is my Taha Tinana.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,
    I enjoyed reading your reflection about Kiwisport and P.E but what I notice that there was a few mistakes but that's ok maybe next time you could check to see if your sentences make sense besides that you've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of images Grace!
    This helps your reader to connect with what you wrote. I also like that you are experimenting with using speech marks and that you are writing some words using capital letters for effect. It helps your reader to know that people were shouting out those words. Nice work!

    Remember to consistently use your Blog Post Checklist as it helps to remind you what you need to have in ALL of your blog posts. Also, remember to use your year level as one of your labels.



    ReplyDelete