Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2018

Kiwisport/Volleyball!



IALT:  Reflect on Kiwisport.

This week for kiwisport I was sad and excited.  I was really sad because this will be our last lesson of tennis and I always like it when we get to hit the ball and learn new skills.  On the other had I was excited because we get compete one by one.  I was so happy because there will only be 2 people in the court at least 4 because I always struggle to work in a court when it has 4 people in it.  And this was our first time doing it and which made me happy.

My favourite part will be when kiengsington was screaming the scores.  It was so loud the other groups could hear him( especially the ones at the very far back).  He remind me of when my mum keeps on yelling when she watches a game of rugby.  I also liked how we get to verse each other one by one.



Image result for tennis



















I think that needed to work on when I am doing tennis is to try not to bounce the ball that many times when I am serving and at least just do it underarm.  And it is waste of time bouncing the ball because it will take up your time of playing.

What I learned in volleyball is the rules to the game and how to serve the ball and how to hit the ball over the net.  Here are the 3 different types of techniques that we learnd:

Bump.  Bump is when you close your hands together and keeping you arm straight.  This will help you control of how you hit the ball.


Image result for bump volleyball

Serving.  You can either do overarm or underarm.

Image result for underarm serve volleyball

Volley.  Volley is another way of how you can hit the ball over the net.





Image result for volley


What I needed to work on for volleyball is always getting ready to hit the ball.  I also need to work on my serves because I do hit it but they just go up in the air which is a huge thing that I need to work on.  I think I also need to work on when I hit the ball over the net.  Most of the times when I hit the ball the ball will just go over my head.  I think how to solve my problems is to don't put that much power when I am hitting and just do it gently.

I would like if we could still practice our servings and hitting so that we can have more time hitting the ball and having fun instead of  restarting over again( which is annoying.  Especially in a hot sunny day).

This week we have been practicing for volleyball.  The tournament is coming up so we really want to start and hope that all improve and also having fun at the same time.   Here is a reflection about Kiwisport and about our 1 lesson of volleyball.


TASK LINK




Image result for tennis ball














Image result for volleyball
Hope you enjoy reading!  Please comment down below of what you think about this blog post!





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Grace!
    I really like the way you added a lot of detail into your work and that you added images to show the reader what you are talking about! Next time you can improve by making sure your work makes sense! Thank you for adding the task link so I can see your work more clearly! Ka Pai!

    - Lydia

    ReplyDelete