Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2018

!πŸ†Atheletics Reflection πŸ†!

!Atheletics!
IALT: Reflect about Atheletics


TRIPOLI!

TOBRUK!
BENGAZI!
ALAMEIN!
YEAH!


Hey, don't these sounds fimiliar to you? Well, it might be names of streets, but they are also the names of the Tamaki Houses! TRIPOLI, TOBRUK, BENGAZI and ALAMEIN!! Friday 16th of November is the day we have all been waiting for! What do I mean? Well, on this special day, we had... ATHELETICS!!! Atheletics is the time where our house teams compete with one another. This would be a very competive day and can't wait for the results! To start of with our day, we started our field events. Shotput, Discuss, Long Jump, Standing Jump and High Jump. SInce the KM( Kia Manawnui) syndicate was huge, Ms Komor and Miss Aireen decided to split us into groups. So one group will start on a field event and the other would do another field event. I think I did great in shotput and standing jump. The rest of the other field events( Long Jump and Discuss), I needed to work on( espically high jump).Image result for standing jump



Image result for SHot put





I had enjoyed my time doing the field events. But I haven't enjoyed my time yet. There are still more to come, which I am really excited! MORNING TEA!! It was an unusual Morning Tea because we usually have our break for 30 minutes but it was more longer. It was suspiciously strange but oh well. Next we had the races. 50m, 75m, 100m and 400m. It started of from the 5 yr olds( which are the juniors), then to the 9 yr olds( Middle), and then all they way to 12yrs+( which are the seniors). Everyone were cheering on there teams and some of them were chanting out there chants! It was very wild!! It was my turn to run and I was a bit nervous and excited as well. I ran my hardest and I came 2nd. The rest of my races I came 1st or 2nd. My most proudest run was the 400m race. Even though my legs were sore and my feet, I still ran because I knew that I can't let my team down!




Chant Off! Now this is the time when you can have a bounus point. We get to say our chants infront of our gazebo and try our best to get that extra point. We chant our hardest and we very proud of ourselves. But we didn't win, but hey it's not like it's the end of the world. Bengazi won! There chant was actually good and what made it even better, they had dance move which made it catchy. They had extra 50 points to there score. The results are finally confirmed. The winning team is... Tri- BENGAZI!! I would like to congrats to Bengazi who won and to congrats all who have particepated in all events/races.


Image result for colour green quotes

I have really enjoyed this year's atheletics and I can't wait for next years. Maybe Tripoli might win!



Thank you for reading! Feel free to comment down below! Remember that it is good to give feedback and feedfoward!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,

    It’s Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where it’s very cold and snowy. Hard for you to imagine, I’m sure! I’m a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I see that you've written a super article about your Athletics Day. And you added beautiful photos. Well done!

    I think that you might really enjoy some of the activities in the Summer Learning Journey program because there are some that look at athletes and their contributions. And there's lots of information about the unusual and special things that can be found in New Zealand, and in other countries around the world - really interesting! Many of your classmates are participating in the program so you could keep in touch with them over the rest of the holidays by sharing your blog postings with them.

    There are still 2 1/2 full weeks left to participate in the Summer Learning Journey program called “The World Around Us”. Here’s the website address: www.summerlearningjourney.co.nz I hope you’ll take a look and try some of the activities. I’ll look for your postings and write back to you from Canada.

    Meanwhile, have a really happy summer holiday!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete