Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

✏️πŸ”ƒ!Maths - Rounding and Compencating!πŸ”ƒ✏️

✏️πŸ”ƒ!Maths - Rounding and Compencating!πŸ”ƒ✏️
WALT: Multiply using tidy numbers, rounding and compencating.

Bonjour and greetings to you all! Welcome to my blog!

Throughout this term for Maths I have learnt how to use rounding and compencating. This stratgey was new to me so I was looking foward to learn more about it. We started of by multiplying one digit number to a 2 digit number. With rouunding you have to remember that when you are rounding up you compencate by subtracting the number and you do the same when you are rounding it down you compencate by adding. That is why it is important that you know your basic facts really well because once you know them it would help you even more in your maths.





Here is an example:

3 x 78= 234
  ( 80 x 3 - 3 x 2)
( 240 - 6)
=  234

So what I have done here is that I have rounded  78 to its nearest 10 which is 80 and to get to 80 I added 2. Then I muliplied 80 by 3 which equals 240. I know this because 8 x 3 = 24 , 24 x 10 = 240. The next step is that you multiplied 3 by 2. The reason why I did this is that whenever you compencating a number by adding and subtract and you are mulitplying, you then multiply that number. After that you subtract the total that you got 240 and 6. Which equals 234. Like what I have said before when you are round up you then have to subtract.

I have enjoyed learning this method and knowing how easy it is to use it. Now I can use this to solve complicative questions/equations than rather using algorythim all the time. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy this blogpost!
Feel free to comment down below!

Question of the Blog: Do you know how to round and compencate? Have you used this method before?


Image result for maths



No comments:

Post a Comment