Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

Povainga( Game night)

On saturday the 24th of March it was povainga.  To those who don't know what povainga is I will explain.  In english it means game night( or evening).  You mostly have this when you are at church or maybe just together with your family.  It contains games,  bible questions and many more fun things to do!  Well first of all we came a bit early but there were already people there.  We went inside.  I saw my friend she had a a really big cast on her leg.  I felt so sorry for her.  I went to her and she was so happy to see me. '' Hi Grace'' Noma( my friend) said with excitement. '' Hi'' I screamed with excitement as well.   We went to the hall and I asked her what happened.  She explained everything to me.  So what happened is there school went for paddle boarding and kayaking( which I think they are the same) at onehunga bay.  She was paddling and I think that she lost control of her balance and she flipped over and she hit a rock.  She was lucky that her feet didn't got trapped in the rocks or els that will be a big situation.  Then after that day she stayed in hospital for about 4 days and had surgery.  She explained how she felt.  She said I felt so lonely without anyone with me especially in the night time and I felt scared because I thought that I wouldn't survive from the surgery and I had so much delts.  It was really hard hearing this because I was going to cry.  I told her you shouldev'e  worried to much because god is always with you and he will never leave you.  Thats why you are still here.  She felt better after hearing that and we continued to play on her phone.

The elder wanted to get the churches attention.  " Can everyone please come into the hall because we are going to start our Game night" he explained.  It was almost like a herd of animals because everyone was rushing to the hall.  I bet they were excited too.  So Sela( the daughter of the elder) explained the rules for the games.  We only can choose one answer.  And you can't change your answers.  Some of the questions are just for the children so that means that the adults can't help and they are no discussion.  When it is the adults it's best if the children doesn't answer those type of questions because you might get it wrong( I am not being mean but if you want to make your team win just at least let the adults do their thing).  We got split into 3 groups.  In my group I had my Dad, Lily( my sister), Noma, Pae( our keyboard) and Sane(our worship leader).  This is going to be challenging because I haven't read my bible so often( which was my goal to read my bible everyday) so some of the questions for the children might be hard.  But I will try my best and have a growth mindset throughout this game.  We took turns answering.  We had laughters and had some fun most people shouted " Start the time" which was really hard because they didn't have time to talk as a team.  My dad was a genius( you know my dad is just the smartest out of my family if you ask).  He always read his bible everyday.  He prays everyday and even weird( for me) is that he always talk to himself but like he mostly looks up in the air it almost looks like if he is talking to god.  Okay lets not talk about that and continue with our game night.  My dad mostly answered the adults question and all of them is correct.  Me oh man I am terrible but I sometimes get it right and sometimes not correct.  I don't really care that much because it is just a game and it is not all about winning it's about giving it a go and have lots of fun.  We continued answering more questions and having more fun and laughters.  At the end my team won. YES!!! We won, we won.  Okay lets not go to overboard.  Remember Grace Humble winners gracious losers.  Even best we had a lolly scramble.  I mostly had the cadbury milk chocolate because I just love that sweet sweet chocolate flavour.  Emmm it just melts in your mouth. 

After that everyone got lollies and each group got lollies too.  This was a great day and I enjoyed the games especially the lollie scramble.  What I found challenging is answering the questions.  Well some of the questions were really diffucult but I still tried my best to answer then even though it was hard.  I think that next time I could read more of my bible so often so when there is a challenge like this I will know it and sometimes when we have bible study we have to give like a little summarise what the verse is about and what it means to us.  And I am not ashamed of the word of god and I am a child of god and I want to improve being that type of kid.  Always being holy, peaceful, helping and always have a smile on my face.


I hope you enjoy reading this reflection.  Please comment below of what you think I need to work on.  I really like when you give me a comment because it will help me learn from my mistakes and I will know what I need to improve on next time.




Image result for bible



Image result for jeopardy game



Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment