Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

✖️Maths Reflection!✖️

IALT: Write about Maths!

Talofa Lava and welcome back to my blog! This afternoon we have been doing maths. Instead of getting sheets to answer we used games to practice our basic facts.  This term we will be focusing on Percentages,Fractions and basically our Basic Facts.


Image result for maths


I was extremely excited that it was finally maths, because I love it so much plus it is my favourite subject at school.  We each got a game that Ms Komor selected.  Most of the games were based on Fractions, Multiplication and Place Values.  In my group we had a deck of cards.  We used the cards to practice our Multiplication.  We divided the cards between us. To play this game, we decided take turns with a pair.  So since there were 4 us( Edith, Leilani, Akanesi and Me) we chose 2 to go first then the other 2 goes after.  All of our cards were faced down so that we couldn't see it.  I was partnered up with Leilani.  We both flipped our cards and we shouted with excitements.  We were a tie so we left it there. Then it was Edith and Nesi's turn.  Then we continued on playing!


I won the game since I had everyone's card and I beated them.  Overall I enjoyed playing with them and I had so much fun!! Even though I won I was still proud of Akanesi, Leilani and Edith because they never gave up and they still kept on going and which I would like to congrats them for having a growth mindset!


Image result for growth mindset


To be honest I didn't found anything challenging because I knew all of Times Table since I have been practicing them a lot.  My next step would have be accurate when I am answering because I am always about speed when I answer but I should think before answering instead of rushing to it.


Question: What do you find complicated in Maths?


Hope you enjoy!

Feel free to comment down below!


Image result for maths gif


2 comments:

  1. Wow Grace!
    You were so descriptive about what you did and who was working with you that it was like I was right there playing these games with you! Nice work!
    It's great to read that you have been practising your basic facts.
    You wrote that you didn't find anything challenging. That tells me you are confident with your basic facts ( give yourself a pat on the back) πŸ˜€
    Maybe the next step is to give yourself a challenge. #challengeshelpyoutogrow
    What would you like to become more confident with? πŸ€”
    Decimals?... percentages?... fractions?...
    I find solving percentages in my head challenging. Getting better at this is one of my goals.
    What will your next Maths goal be?
    IMPORTANT FACT: You can learn to do anything you want Grace! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Komor for the feedforward/feedback! I will remember to do that when I am writing another one!

    :) Grace

    ReplyDelete