Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Maori Language Week/ Pepeha!

IALA: The Maori Language/Culture.

Kia Ora and greetings to you all! As you might know that it is Maori language week! It is a time to celebrate the Maori Culture and Lanugage. I am not Maori( I am tongan) but I am still excited to learn about this culture!

Our task was to create a pepeha.
When you are finished you get to screencastify it.
Now I just started mines today and now I am finished ( which I am really shocked because I have never finished anything in one day).
During this task I have really enjoyed creating my own pepha and getting to learn about the Maori Culture.
What I found challenging was pronoucing the words.  It was really hard for me at first but after practising I realised that some of them were similar to the Tongan language, which really helped.

I have created my pepeha on digital.
It is on a DLO( Digital, Learning, Object).

Here is my pepeha:

Also here is my screencastify:


( CLICK HERE TO GO ON IT)

Question: What have you learned about the Maori Culture/Language?

Hope you enjoy!
Feel free to comment down below!



No comments:

Post a Comment