Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Te Tuhi Reflection- Abstarct Art

IALT: Reflect about Te Tuhi


Malo Lelei and greetings to you all! Welcome back to my blog! Labour weekends are over and we are now back to school. To start of with our day half of the Kia Manawanui Sydicate went to Te Tuhi. I was so excited because I couldn't wait to make my own abstract art!

Image result for abstract art



Druing my time at Te tuhi ,I have learned more about abstract art. Abstract painting is a type of artwork that uses different types of colours, shapes and textures to make something look realisitc. With abstract art you can express your feelings and be as creative as you can! In my opionion, using technology is a great way to make abstract art. There are pencils, paintbrush, paints and many more technologies they use to make abstract art. Having these technology really helps alot because it makes the artwork atracttive in it's own ways and it is a faster way to make it.

Image result for pencils



There were 4 instructions to follow to make our abstract art:



1. Trace out stencials on a cardboard with a pencil. In this lesson we used 4 setncials. I used Ipod, Laptop, PS4 and a Pencil.











2. Then go over it with vivid so it can stand out. In this also draw lines with a ruler and draw lines that goes across and down.



3. After you have done that, then you can chose what type of primary colours you would like to add to your paint. Mines were Pruple, White, Yellow and Light Blue.













4. Now you can begin painting! WAIT! Make sure that you do not paint the same colours next to each other you have to spread them out. I did find some difficulties doing this and making sure that when I am mixing my colours I got the right shade. I had like 3 different types of shade of Purple because I didn't know how much Red I need to put in and how much Blue I need to put in. I realise how important it is how to measure things!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we finish our piece of artwork, we had a look around the art gallery. My favourite one was " SWEET JESUS". A woman created this block of words made out of brown sugar. The story behind this was that back to her generations, her family were working in a sugar cane company. This was held in Australia. This is why she chose to create the word jesus out of sugar. THe reason why she chose jesus because they were christanity. And since her family had rough times being slaves, they knew that god is there to guide them even if they are in the worse condition.

Related image

I have really enjoyed this trip, and I hope we get to come back again!

Question: Have you made abstract art?
Have you been to te tuhi?

Thank you for reading this blog! Make sure to comment down below and it is good to give feedback and feedfoward!




No comments:

Post a Comment