Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2019

πŸ€”Todays Word is...πŸ€”

Todays Word is...
WALT: Define the Word GeographyRelated image

Kia Ora and greetings to you all! Welcome to my blog!

Each week we have new vocabs. This week the word is Geography. Now I have heard of geography but I am not sure what it means.

This is the defintion from the internet:
Geography:
the study of the physical features of the earth and its atmosphere, and of human activity as it affects and is affected by these, including the distribution of populations and resources and political and economic activities.

After reading this I came up with my own defintion:

Geography:

The study of Earth. There are 5 themes of geography which are home, place,reigons,location, and human/enviroment interaction.

If you break the word apart it would make it easier to understand what it means:
The word geo in the terms of geography is Earth.
The word graphy( in geography) means a descriptve science. Basically meaning writing about something.

The word geography would relate to our studies about the NZ history. This would give us more understanding of what geography means and a kick start of what NZ geography is? Or what is kiwiana?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoy this blogpost!
Feel free to comment down below and I would really appreciate if you guys would give me a feedback and feedfoward so I can see what I need to improve on as a blogger!

Question: Have you ever heard of geography? What is your own definton of Geography?



Image result for geography




No comments:

Post a Comment